Recent Commercial Posts
Get Your Commercial Property Ready Fast
Are you currently building a commercial facility and in need of post-construction services? Do you want your facility to look its absolute best when the doors open? Contact SERVPRO of Glen Burnie at 410-766-1110. At SERVPRO, we have trained professionals who can help you meet your deadlines by supplying thorough post-construction services promptly. At SERVPRO of Glen Burnie, we offer a list of services:
- Post-construction cleaning
- Dehumidification and drying
- Final cleaning
- Fast-track drying
- Emergency response restoration and cleanup services
When preparing to open your commercial facility, do not let fire damage, water intrusion, or mold growth stop you from completing your project. Contact SERVPRO of Glen Burnie for your business cleaning needs. With over 40 years of experience and 24-hour emergency services, SERVPRO will ensure your facility cleanup gets done as quickly as possible.
National Preparedness Month
September is National Preparedness Month, an annual observance to remind all Americans how important it is for individuals, families, businesses and communities to be prepared for disasters and emergencies that can happen at any time.
This year’s theme is Prepare to Protect and highlights how preparing for disaster is to protect everyone you love. Each week during National Preparedness Month will focus on a theme with easy-to-follow steps that individuals and families can take to enhance their emergency preparedness efforts. Everyone should sign up to receive local alerts and warning on your mobile phone. Download the FEMA app and receive real-time alerts from the National Weather Service
If your home or business suffers a natural disaster or emergency call SERVPRO of Glen Burnie, 410-766-1110, we can help.
We Are SERVPRO of Glen Burnie
SERVPRO of Glen Burnie?services Residential and Commercial properties. We are an Emergency Mitigation Service company that is open 24/7, 7 days a week, and ready to do business with your business.
We offer fire, water, mold and biohazard remediation, but don’t limit our services to emergencies only. We also offer commercial carpet cleaning, general cleanings, vct or vinyl floor cleaning and commercial duct cleaning. We are Professionals and have a team of trusted Operation and Production Managers to lead the way to ensure that your work is done quickly and with the precision you demand. Each production manager is IICRC certified and instructs their crew in the proper way things are to be done. Once technicians have learned the trade we encourage them to test to become certified themselves. Promoting from within our own team, we have found provides us with the best employees.
Don’t reach out to other companies and pass by the best service provider in the area! Contact SERVPRO of Glen Burnie at 410-766-1110.
Glen Burnie Restaurants Call Upon Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
The one number restaurants call when help can’t afford to wait, is SERVPRO of Glen Burnie. In March of 2020 when the COVID-19 pandemic began, many Anne Arundel County businesses reached out to us for cleaning solutions.
As the area's leading cleanup and restoration company, we’ve designed a higher standard of cleaning to protect your customers against illness. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program that offers Pasadena commercial locations proactive viral pathogen cleaning.
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation process over decades. Expertise born out of cleaning up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects the unique experiences SERVPRO of Glen Burnie has in this type of cleanup.
The program is grounded with our unique 3Cs: Consult, Clean, and Certify. This program combined with our experience with the food service industry gives SERVPRO of Glen Burnie the advantage when it comes to cleaning food manufacturing facilities, food distribution centers, fast food restaurants, fine dining restaurants, senior living kitchens, and school cafeterias.
Is Your Property Winter Ready?
Winter in Glen Burnie
Is your office winter ready? Temperatures are dipping in Anne Arundel County. December 21 is the first day of winter and even though the National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) predicts a warmer than normal winter, make sure you take precautions for freezing temperatures.
To help prevent costly damages due to weather, consider taking the following precautions to protect your property:
- Check your business property for downed tree limbs and branches. Wind, heavy rain, ice, and snow can cause branches to fall, which could cause damage to the property and potentially cause personal injuries.
- Roofs, water pipes, and gutters should all be inspected to help ensure they are in proper order. Gutter downspouts should be directed away from your building. Clear gutters of debris that may have gathered during the fall. Leaves and other obstructions can cause a damming effect, which can lead to roof damage and interior water problems
- Inspect property, especially walkways and parking lots, for proper drainage to alleviate a potential flood hazard.
- Inspect all handrails, stairwells, and entryways to address and correct potential slippery or hazardous areas. Install mats or non-slip surfaces and post caution signs where water could be present.
- Protect water pipes from freezing by simply allowing water to drip when temperatures dip below freezing. If pipes are under a cabinet, leave the cabinet doors open, allowing warm inside air to circulate around the pipes. If the building has outdoor faucets, consider shutting water off at the main valve in the basement or crawl space. Once the valve is off, open the outdoor faucet to ensure it drains, preventing any remaining water from freezing in the pipe.
When winter weather strikes, call SERVPRO of Glen Burnie professionals to strike back and help make it “Like it never even happened.”
Is Your Business at Risk for an Electrical Fire?
Electrical accidents that occur in an office environment are usually a result of faulty or defective equipment, unsafe installation, or misuse of equipment – specifically, extension cords, power strips and surge protectors.
To protect against electrical fire, SERVPRO of Glen Burnie recommends:
- Make sure the electrical load is not too much for the circuit.
- Avoid overloading outlets with too many appliances. Never plug in more than one high-wattage appliance at a time.
- Unplug appliances when not in use to save energy and minimize the risk of shock and fire.
- Inspect electrical cords once a month to ensure they are not frayed, cracked or otherwise damaged.
- Do not run electrical cords through high-traffic areas, under carpets or across doorways.
- Have a licensed electrician install additional outlets where needed, rather than relying on extension cords and power strips.
So, what do you do if you see an electrical fire?
- Never put water on an electrical fire. Mixing water with live electricity can shock you to death.
- Shut the electricity down in the building if you can. This should slow the progression of the fire, possibly saving other areas that have not yet been affected. Make sure that you know where the circuit box is and that it is easily accessible and not obstructed by any other objects.
- After the electricity has been shut off, use a Class C Fire extinguisher to put out the local flames. Make sure that you and occupants know exactly where the fire extinguishers are and have them inspected regularly so they are at the ready. Also ensure that Class C fire extinguishers are placed near locations where there is a higher risk of fire (kitchens, workshops, utility rooms, etc.).
- Even if you are able to get the fire under control yourself, do not turn the electricity back on until the fire department has a chance to inspect the area.
Annapolis, Glen Burnie, Pasadena and surrounding areas see too many home and business fires. Protect your business.