How to Prepare Your Home for Storms!
While the leaves start to fall and the weather begins to change, you should be preparing your home for the start of the fall season. It is the time of the year when days become shorter, and the weather gets cooler. With the cooler temperatures upon us, get your home ready now.
At SERVPRO of Glen Burnie, we have some recommendations for your fall preparedness plan:
- Clean your gutters and install gutter guards to prevent backups
- Check and replace the batteries in your smoke detectors
- Ensure any exterior water pipes are insulated to avoid freezing
- Make a readiness plan in case of a power outage in the coming months
- Test and prepare your generator
- Replenish the gas in any outdoor equipment you may use in the fall
- Trim and remove any dead or damaged tree limbs near your home
- Have your HVAC unit inspected by a professional
- Make sure outdoor drains are clear of leaves or debris
If you have any preexisting damage in your home and need professional help, contact SERVPRO of Glen Burnie at 410-766-1110.